This policy is for information that is gathered through this website only. All other Children's Aid Society information is protected under the Child and Family Services Act.
Privacy and Your Personal Information
The Children's Aid Society of the County of Simcoe and the Children's Aid Foundation of Simcoe County is committed to maintaining the information about you private and secure.
We recognize that protecting your privacy is an essential part doing business with the community. As part of this commitment, we believe that our donors should know what personal information we collect, how we use it, how we protect it, and how to contact us if you have questions about the handling of your personal information.
What is your personal information?
Personal information is information needed to identify you as an individual. It includes information such as your name, address, telephone number, and credit card information.
Why we collect and use your personal information?
The CAS AND CAF collects and uses information about you for specific purposes, such as to:
- To process donations on-line
- To inform you of upcoming events and projects
- To inform you of giving opportunities
What you can expect from the Children's Aid Society of the County of Simcoe and the Children's Aid Foundation of Simcoe County?
You can expect that:
- Any personal information collected about you will be done with your consent and will be used for purposes outlined to you.
Your personal information will not be shared or sold to another charity.
- A high level of confidentiality around the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is maintained and that appropriate security measures have been taken to protect your personal information whether in paper or electronic format.
- Your questions about privacy and our information practices will be answered by our staff.
What are your rights?
You have the right to:
- Access or receive a copy of your personal information.
- Ask us to correct your information.
- Refuse to provide your personal information to us. However, this may impact our ability to provide services to you.
- Complain to our the appropriate staff person about access to your personal information, or about how it is collected, stored, used or disclosed to others.
Questions about your privacy?
If you would like to know more about your privacy or how your personal information is managed at the Children's Aid Society and Foundation, contact The Children's Aid Society of the County of Simcoe and the Children's Aid Foundation of Simcoe County's office at:
Children's Aid Society of the County of Simcoe and the Children's Aid Foundation of Simcoe County
7-60 Bell Farm Road, Barrie, ON L4M 5G6
For more information about privacy legislation, please contact the Information and Privacy Commission of Ontario at:
http://www.ipc.on.ca/, or toll free 1-800-387-0073.
The Children's Aid Society of the County of Simcoe and the Children's Aid Foundation of Simcoe County is proud of its longstanding commitment to maintaining the confidentiality and security of personal information and is implementing practices to better protect your personal information.