We encourage applicants from a wide range of cultural, racial, religious and ethnic backgrounds to consider applying
to become foster caregivers. The process takes about four to six months, involves the whole family and will include:
- Speaking to a member of our Recruitment Team to determine whether fostering is right
for you and your family
- A home visit by a Recruitment Worker to all interested and appropriate applicants.
- Complete an application, available through this website or from a Recruitment Worker.
- All appropriate applicants will be asked to return the application to a Recruitment Worker.
(Part of this process includes mandatory police record check for each adult living in the home)
- All appropriate applicants will be provided with and must attend 27 hours of pre-service PRIDE training
- Each applicant is carefully assessed before being approved and asked to join our Homes for Kids fostering team.
For more information about becoming a foster family contact our Foster Care Recruitement Team by
phone 705-726-6587 x 2259 1-800-461-4236 x 2259.