The Simcoe County Children's Aid Society has been serving the community since 1894. We provide a range
of services to the community, including:
- Investigating allegations of child abuse and neglect;
- Protecting children who have suffered abuse or neglect (or are at risk of harm) by assisting and supporting
their families to reduce harmful circumstances;
- Offering guidance, counseling and referral services to families whose children are at risk of abuse or neglect;
- Referring families to other service providers when we do not offer a service;
- Arranging for treatment services for children in our care;
- Placing children in alternative care arrangements depending on the legal status of the child and his or her needs;
- Recruiting, developing, educating and supporting foster and adoptive homes;
- Working hand-in-hand with our Foundation to provide opportunities, programs and services not covered by government funding.
La Société de l'aide à l'enfance du comté de Simcoe se concentre sur l'amélioration de la qualité de sa prestation de services en français. Les travailleurs de la Société s'efforcent de vous servir aussi efficacement que possible en français tout en maintenant la qualité de leurs services de protection de l'enfance.